Global Nagpur Summit
Taking a step towards its vision being catalyst for realizing Nagpur – a Global city by 2020, NF organizes annual summit under the banner of Global Nagpur Summit. Its key objective is to facilitate a global partnering platform with Nagpur First ambassadors and summit participants across the world. This is a flagship 2-day summit held to bring together global and local Nagpuris and those interested to discuss strategies for city growth and investments. GNS is spread over 2 days covering the following:
- Full day “City Growth Conference” with deliberations on aspects of City Growth.
- Full day “Global Investor’s Conclave” with panel discussions, which connects the investor community and the local industry to discuss the challenges and opportunities in various sectors relevant to Nagpur.
- “Global Partnering” opportunities with B2B, B2G and G2G meeting with investor groups international organizations, embassies, trade associations, etc. NEW!
- A glittering evening of “Global Nagpur Awards” recognizing individuals and organizations taking Nagpur Global.
Highlights of GNS 2015
With all the support of volunteers and donors, Global Nagpur Summit 2015 was planned on Nov 21 and 22, 2015 with focus on increasing international participation.
The following were the key partners
- UK (via UK Trade and Investment) – Partner Country
- Sister Cities International, USA – Supporting Partner
- Nagpur Municipal Corporation – Host City Partner
- RTM Nagpur University – Host University Partner
The following luminaries participated in the Summit:
- British Deputy High Commissioner
- Counsel General of Australia
- Counsel General of Sweden
- President of Sister Cities International
- Board member of the Greater Seattle Trade Development Alliance